Friday, March 28, 2014

High School Days Ready To RIDE!

I was asked to take the official group photograph for the Elizabeth High School Rodeo team for this year's program. Every school month, the high school rodeo teams from across the state meet at a location and put on a huge high school rodeo. The Board asked if I could take the team shot for this year and heck ya I jumped at the chance! I have been involved with the rodeo team since it started almost six years ago when my oldest daughter was a member. My husband has been a board member since the team came together as well. The team also puts on a gymkhana (timed horse events) every summer to raise money for the team to compete throughout the school year as well. I was honored to be asked to do this year's photo and had so many ideas on where and how I wanted to get this done. Neighbors of our's have this fantastic 1800's non-covered, covered wagon on their property. With their permission, I was able to use this wagon and hang a painter's tarp over the top to make it look more authentic looking. A beautiful and very cold day brought the kids to the site which meant we didn't have much time before they either shivered to death or the snow started. Either one wouldn't be very good. The kids were so easy to work with and we got right down to work. I was able to have them pose quickly with either smiles on their faces or not, have fun with the members of the team to show their true persons, and got everyone involved. In the end, I am pretty proud how it all turned out. I even was asked to do some individual pictures too for the kids and am so excited to get those done.

No comments:

Post a Comment