Saturday, March 15, 2014

Love it when I get asked to bring my camera somewhere

One of the best things about being a photographer, including one like me who is starting out in photography, is getting asked to bring my camera to an event. In this case, it is for the Elizabeth Networking Group meet and greet night at Amazing Fibers in Elizabeth. First off, what a beautiful day in Colorado! One of those wonderful before Spring hits kinda days too. Warm during the day with big puffy clouds and to end it in a beautiful setting overlooking the mountains as the sun goes down. Ok, off subject for a minute and back now. Anway, the organizer of ENG emailed asking if I could bring my camera for the night's event. Of course!!! First off, to say no to Jenny is not an option and the second, why would I say no? What a great idea to get my camera and my eye out there for more business. And to have fun as well. When I arrived at the event, going in to their barn which housed their business, there were a bunch of people already there eating and speaking with one another. Amazing Fiber is an alpaca farm where they shear the animals for their fur and get them ready for yarn to then be turned in to beautiful sweaters, scarves, hats, etc. The colors for fantastic, the yarn was soft, and the light was perfect! I got down to work and started moving around the crowd to take pictures of those who came. There was a great crowd of people and a goat. Ok, a baby goat but still a goat. So cute too! And yes, I took a bunch of pictures of the goat with almost everyone holding her. All in all, I had a great time. I did flub up though. I made a photo album of my pictures to show off and forget in my purse. Yea, I was having that much fun. Cannot wait to meet up at the next event at another location. Oh, and I got some amazing lip balm from the goat's mama too.

No comments:

Post a Comment