Friday, March 28, 2014

Random iPhone pictures

I read once on a Facebook post that another photographer friend posted to not hold it against them that they took "crappy phone pictures". I understand as a photographer we want to present ourselves in a positive and expensive camera persona, but sometimes the closest thing we have is that pesky phone. I am one of those people who takes a gazillion(my kids' word) pictures of everything when I have it on me. I see amazing shots, funny shots, touching moment shots and I don't have my big camera with me right there at that moment. Sometimes we are sitting at the dining room table and the puppy is looking so cute and innocent. Or my daughter is snuggling with her dad, falling asleep on his chest. Or the time when I look at the pictures on my iPhone and my older daughter has taken random pictures of herself. Those pictures are the ones I know don’t turn out perfectly, but are ones I personally cherish. I LOVE being a photographer and being able to take those special moments of others, but my own pictures I love capturing are so precious to me as well. Our children grow up so fast that getting that one fleeting moment makes it all worthwhile to me. Yes, I know these are iPhone pictures that I am sharing and they are not the greatest (lighting is too much, they are a little blurry, or not centered), but these are the memories I enjoy sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment