Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Some beautiful young ladies

For the past six years or so I have been a volunteer for the Elizabeth Stampede. I have pretty much done all the different jobs at the Stampede and have always come back to my top two committees to volunteer for, Royalty and Rodeo. Now Rodeo is tough and a lot of work. By the end of the weekend, I am bruised, blooded, and bushed! I LOVE being a member of the Rodeo Committee and am able to work with an amazing group of people for three long days. One of my other committees I am very dedicated to is the Royalty Committee. I have helped out with everything. From putting on make-up to straighten outfits to calming down moms. Another very hard and long job, but no blood. It is so wonderful to watch these young ladies grow from the beginning of their term to the end. A year or two into my commitment to the Royalty group, I started to bring my camera along. The Chairperson asked if I could take pictures and I gladly said yes. From that point forward, I have learned so many different technique and patience with my camera. I also will give credit to Ms. A. who helped me start this journey of looking through the lens and will always be grateful. This past weekend, we started our next round of young ladies who are interested in trying out to become the Elizabeth Stampede Royalty Queen and Attendant. We didn't get the turn out that we hoped due to illness, spring break, and prior commitments, but we still had a great time. Taking pictures indoors has always been a challenge, but going through these pictures a few times, I am not looking at the flaws in the pictures but the beautiful young women whose personalities shine through the images. Yes, there are shadows behind some of the poses and yes some might be slightly blurry. I am just proud that these young ladies came out to listen to the talks and walks and enjoyed the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment