Saturday, November 16, 2013

Senior shots, first time

After the hardest shoot ever, I was fortunate enough to take my first set of beautiful pictures of people and animals. The first photo shoot was for Kayla, a senior at Elizabeth High School. She is a member of the high school rodeo team and wanted pictures the incorporated her love for horses and her western lifestyle. With her mom and brother at her side, we were able to laugh and giggle the whole time. Lots of jokes and craziness came through both shoots. Because this was the first one I have done I was planning on doing this for free, but thought to charge $50/hour for time and gas. I know how other photographers charge for time, gas, photos, editing, and on and on and on. What I don't do is printing the pictures unless asked. I do make copies of the pictures onto CD for the client. They asked me to do this for them and they know how they want to print their pictures out. So this was fun. Kayla is beautiful with the long curly hair and the engaging smile. Her mom is just as beautiful with a serene presence and grace. So the first shoot was at an abandoned house and barn east of town, late in the summer afternoon sun. The pictures we took came out gorgeous! The second shoot we were fortunate to take them in the wooded area at Casey Jones. Both shoots were fun and came out amazing. This shoot really made me feel like I can do this. Outdoor shoots are so much fun and with the natural light, so beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment